Dear old Valentine's Day is right around the corner... meaning it's tomorrow! Sometimes we have a lot to do and we forget that it's that rotten day of the year when all couples have to prove their love to each other. But sadly it is bit too late to really find out what your partner wants and you don't want to get a present that screams 'bought last minute'. Therefore I'm here to help! I'll give you 10 simple and meaningful ideas that will mean a lot to your partner!
1. Get a cute frame or simple one and decorate it. Choose favourite pictures of him/her and you together, cut them out and make a scrap-picture. It will make the partner feel like you put a lot of thought to it and will remind them of the amazing memories you two have experienced! Combine it with roses if it's for her!
2. Get a book, use some water colours to have some fun yourself and when the pages are dry, write a reason why you love the person and why they are important to you. Remember if it's for a girl get also red roses too, she will dig it!
3. Bake a cookie or a cake or multiple cupcakes that say "I love you" or "Be mine." Believe me, no one can say no to food and what can be a sweeter Valentine's Day present than an actual sweet?
4. Make a mix tape or CD. Choose songs that remind you of memories of you two together or songs that describe your feelings about the person. Throw in a funny one too! Giggles always play a cherry-on-top role for any thought-through present. Plus it's damn cute!
5. Instead of going out, make food at home for the loved one! Tell them to get ready and all and come over after which you both can go out to a restaurant but secretly prepare the table at home and serve the food. Therefore as the person arrives surprise them with d-e-licious food made by you with love.
6. Buy or make your own matching love bracelets. It can be as simple as they look but can mean a lot to a partner. Because in all honesty, if I choose to wear a bracelet that reminds me of someone, they must mean something to me.
7. Write a poem, or steal someone's poem (but do give credit to the person who originally wrote it) - but find a poem that describes the person or reminds you of them. If you write your own, it doesn't need to be a masterpiece, just words that express your feelings.
8. Go to your local shop where they print on custom shirts and make each a shirt or a hoodie that completes each other. It will only take 20 minutes of your time, plus shirts can be done in under 3 hours!
9. Get a ring (doesn't have to be super nice or piled with diamonds) for him or her. It doesn't mean it's that scary "I do" ring, but a promise ring that says you care for them and they mean the world to you, and you promise to be there for them for as long as they welcome you!
10. If a scrapbook seems like far too much effort, take your old cards and place all your reasons why you love your partner on the cards. It's a fun and sweet idea. Decorate it if you want, plus it won't take that much time to do it.
Have I helped you with last minute ideas? If so, which oneis your favourite?